CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 79.7% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. Xtrade Europe Ltd is regulated by Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CySEC”).
Trading with OffersFX
Trading with OffersFX, one of the world's top CFD forex brokers, is straightforward and contains no hidden fees.
Buy and Sell prices of all the instruments available are helpfully displayed on the main content page of the OffersFX online trading platform. When entering an order to Buy, our powerful trading platform enables you to add a Stop Loss or Profit Limit to protect your risk exposure.
You signed up and deposited $17,000 via credit card.
- Equity: $17,000. (Deposits - Withdraws + P&L of opened positions).
- P&L = $0. (Total profit and loss of all open positions including daily Premiums).
- Available Balance: $17,000. (Balance + P&L of open positions - Initial Margins).
You decide that Apple shares are likely to fall soon and go ‘Short' (sell) on Apple.
7:17pm - you click ‘Sell' beside the ‘Apple' stock in the main trading lobby page; the sell price is $100.
Your criteria are:
- Number of Shares (CFDs): 2,000.
- Close at profit rate: $90 (profit will be 2,000*$10 = $20,000).
- Close at loss rate: $105 (loss will be 2,000*$5 = $10,000).
- The total amount you sold short are: 2,000*$100 = $200,000.
- The Initial Margin that is needed for the Apple shares is 5%: $10,000.
- The Maintenance Margin that is needed to maintain Apple's position is 2.5%: $5,000.
Your position is now:
- P&L = 0 (usually the spread of Apple is 1 dollar so you would have a P&L of -$2,000).
- Available Balance after you sold Apple is: $7,000 ($17,000 - 5%*$200,000 = $7,000).
- 'Equity': $17,000 ($17,000 + $0).
8:03pm - Apple climbs to $103.
- P&L: -$6,000 (2,000*$100 - 2,000*$103).
- Available Balance: $1,000 ($17,000 - 5%*$200,000 - $6,000 = $1,000).
- Equity: $11,000 ($17,000 - $6,000).
You decide to cut your losses and buy Apple.
8:03pm - your market buy executes at $103. You lost $6,000 on the trade.
- Equity: $11,000.
- P&L: 0 (no open positions).
- Available Balance: $11,000.